Need to win a good contract? Build solidarity among your co-workers? Learn organizing tactics and leadership skills so that you can engage members, run inspiring contract campaigns and get big wins at the negotiating table!
Deadline to Apply: May 21, 2021
Dates: June 4 - July 16 (except for July 2)
- Organizers must commit to attending six Saturday classes in person* at our Union office, 1901 W. Carroll 9am-12pm and three hours of field work each week.
- Applicants must have a passion for social justice and a commitment to union work.
- Organizers will receive a $600 stipend.
- The 2022 Summer Organizing Institute is open to all current CCCTU members. Applicants will be interviewed by Local 1600 staff as a prerequisite to admission.
- Members currently in contract negotiations are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Previous organizing institute graduates are welcome to attend, but will not receive the stipend.
Please contact Caitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe at email@example.com with any questions.
*It is our expectation to host this years Summer Organizing Institute in person, depending on the COVID conditions. Should there be a need to switch to remote, we will make that decision as a cohort. All the material can converted to an online format if needed.